Day 123: Goodbye, Green Belt - Hello Mall Strip!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2189568/Green-Belt-risk-ministers-think-unthinkable-planning-law.html

Britain ministers are considering allowing the Green Belt land to be developed on to promote - wait for it... an economic boom!


So how does this reflect on us as The Human Race, that we are willing to destroy (very real) natural habitats and life for (very imaginary) monies and profits? My Spidey senses are telling me that the reflection is black and slimy and probably would smell of rotten eggs - if it had a smell.

We are a toxic sludge on the Earth, smothering it and feeding off of it at the same time - if we do not change we will smother our own source of survival. What will it take for us to see that the way we are living is simply destructive in every way? We destroy ourselves with thoughts of inadequacy, jealousy, envy, anger, hatred, judgement, morality; we destroy our bodies by not educating ourselves on how to care for them and allowing our food and medical industries to distribute dangerous products which we unwittingly ingest out of a misplaced sense of trust in the system; we are destroying the planet and wildlife and plant life by acting only in our own interest in trying to exploit as much as we can as quickly as we can; we are destroying our society by teaching our children to hate.

I forgive myself for not realizing that if we treat our Earth like a commodity, its resources will deplete at a greatly accelerated rate as the very definition of a commodity demands that there be a state of complete exhaustion of the commodity.

I forgive myself for not realizing that we cannot survive without the Earth.

I forgive myself for not realizing that we are completely dishonest about who we are as we act like and promote ourselves to be "caring" and "good" - when in fact we are always only acting out of self interest in an attempt to survive in a system where the weak are crushed underfoot.

I forgive myself for not realizing that our dishonesty has ushered in a system based on double standards - where certain lives are given more value than others - which in turn allows abuses to take place at an ever increasing rate.

I forgive myself for not realizing that the key to a dignified life for all involves that institution of equal standards for all which will ensure that every life is ensured freedom, comfort, dignity, expression - without fear of cruelty.

I forgive myself for not realizing that we are now the cruelest creatures on Earth, as we take perverse pleasure in seeing the suffering and loss of others - but only if we are winning somehow.

I forgive myself for not realizing that if we continue to exploit our Earth for its resources for profit, the Earth will inevitably become incapable of supporting us as physical lifeforms.

I commit myself to show people that every thing that we turn into a commodity must, by definition, be a finite source - and so will the Earth if we continue to exploit it.

I commit myself to showing people that we are completely dependent on the Earth for our survival.

I commit myself to show people how to stop living dishonestly and to start creating a world that honours all life and supports those who are unable to support themselves.

I commit myself to show people how the double standards we have implemented are serving only to perpetuate abuse.

I commit myself to show people that implementing a system based on equal standards for all will allow every life to be lived fully and enjoyed.

I commit myself to show people how we are the cruelest creatures on Earth and how we can educate ourselves to stop and live with support.

I commit myself to show people that the continual exploitation of Earth's resources for profit will lead to Earth being unable to sustain us any longer.

Comments